We have been learning how to solve addition and subtraction problems for 2 digit and 3 digit numbers. Some of us can even add and subtract numbers to the tens of thousands .
We can check to see if our answers to subtraction problems are CORRECT using ADDITION.
Here are some pictures taken of students articulating their problem solving and demonstrating their understanding to the class:
Today we are learning about being safe on the internet and why it’s important to think carefully before we post anything online.
This will help us to know what is OK to post on our classroom blogs, chat in online games and other social media. It will also help us to know what is NOT OK to post!
You will need a worksheet and a pencil to take your notes.
Room 8 have been learning about how to write an effective introduction for their Information Reports. They understand that a great introduction needs to be/include;
- Short, sharp title
- Create a hook questions/ interesting fact/ sound to engage the reader (sizzling starts)
- Quick description or definition of the subject
- Explain what readers will learn by reading the text.
- Easy to understand
Here are some examples from some students in Room 8:
(Breeah) Title: The Solar System
Introduction: Where are you right now? Are you at school? Home? or perhaps a park? Well where ever you are you are on Earth and Earth is part of the solar system. Right now you might be wondering what the solar system is? Right here I am going to tell you all about the solar system.
( Azaria ) Title: Mammals
Introduction: Mammals fascinating creatures but let me tell you something crazy…humans are mammals to. I am going to be teaching you all about mammals
(Rayborn) Title: Mountain Gorillas
Introduction: The Mountain Gorilla is the most endangered gorilla. Do you know why? Because of hunters hunting gorillas. I am going to tell you all about Mountain Gorillas. If we don’t stop hunting this animal it will become extinct.
(Jason) Title: Sharks!
Introduction: DO you like sharks? Well I do. They are mind blowing creatures. A shark can detect blood in an Olympic size pool. Now come with me for an underwater adventure to learn all about this animal.
(Cadence) Title: Dolphins
Introduction:Come down with me and see these wonderful creatures.
(Edward) Title: Minecraft
Introduction: Have you ever wanted to make, build and create something. Well my friend you came to the right place. I am going to teach you all about Minecraft.
(Amelliah) Title: Kangaroos
Introduction: Bounce around with me to learn about this amazing animal.
Over the past fortnight, the students in Room 8 (and the rest of SAEPS) have been learning about friendship. Here are some of our thoughts:
- Listen and respect one another and be caring and a good friend (Azaria)
- Look after them and don’t leave them when they have no one to play with (Lucinda)
- Help others when they need it (Breeah)
- Team work (Cadence)
- Being nice and a good friend (Edward)
- When you cooperate (Vy)
- Caring for others (Malachi)
- Nice, kind and thoughtful to one another (Amy)
- Look after one another (Jordan)
- Share and care (Cadence)
- Never be mean to your friend (Vy)
- Being honest
- Don’t laugh or embarrass each other (Breeah)
- Stand by you and look after you (Azaria)
Things I know a lot about / can write information about;
(ROOM 8 BRAINSTROMING IDEAS FOR OUR INFORMATION REPORTS)
- Butterfly (Vy)
- Solar System (Breeah)
- Natural Disasters (Alex)
- Reptiles (Azaria)
- Mammals (Anson)
- Amphibians (Amelliah)
- Birds (Amy)
- Planets (Andy)
- Countries around the world (Cadence)
- Life cycles (Lucinda)
- Soccer (Joshua)
- Fish (Breeah)
- Planes (Alex)
- Transport (Alex)
- Dinosaurs (Andy)
- Seasons (Vy)
- Chemistry (Jordan)
- Endangered animals (Azaria)
- African Lion (Alfonso)
- Rugby union (Malachi)
- Aboriginals (Vy)
- Computer games (Edward)
- Australian money (Jordan)
What is the difference between a FACT and OPINION (Whole Class Brainstorming)
- Facts are true information and cannot be changed (Jason)
- An opinion is what you think it isn’t really true (Kristy)
- An opinion is something that you think and it can change (Jordan)
- A Fact is proven and is outside of you and an opinion is inside of you (Breeah)
- An opinion is when you are trying to convince someone to change their mind (Azaria)
- Words we use when we give an opinion are; Good and worse (Cadence)
- Some key words we use when we give a facts are; Dates, history, scientifically proven (Jordan)